Friday, January 28, 2011

Flying Dragons and Damsels

Human beings can do anything to keep myths alive, if needed, even in some other form. I've never seen a real dragon or a damsel but we all might have seen Dragonflies and Damselflies. I've observed that these beautiful creatures have a typically contrasting feature of movement. They can fly at around 60 miles per hour. But when they sit, they are still as a stone. Its not too hard to capture them on camera if spotted.




I found this gray damselfly a few days ago while she was sitting on a dried hibiscus leaf.



This damselfly is the only creature appearing in my blog twice so far. Viewers can find another picture of her in a previous post.



I have no idea whether dragons are interested in guava. However, this macho dragonfly seemed to be interested. I spotted him sitting on the guava tree in front of my office window for a couple of days but could not click it. Well, I succeeded on the third day.



I don't know if this one is a bit of ferocious dragonfly, but it seemed kind of a warrior to me. Especially, the tail was majestic. I met this guy at Garchumuk, in Howrah district of West Bengal.

1 comment:

  1. My heart throbs looking at the DAMSEL FLY. I remember someone who claims to be human but she was nothing but a Damsel fly ...so pretty, so delicate.
    Thank you Nabhoneel

    ReplyDelete