Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Summer afternoon with Otpidus

Well, that's the name Sudipto uses in his Orkut account and may be in some notebooks. Last summer I had this adventurous expedition with him to the Santhal Parganas of Jharkhand. All these pictures were taken en route to Bhognadeeh from Berheit. It was April 11, the birthday of Sido Murmu and we were there to witness the celebrations. Wait a minute, the following pictures are nowhere related to the occasion.



Neither the road nor these men knew that they could make something so picturesque.



I don't know which one is the greater struggle: this man's life or what I do everyday to earn my bread.



This may be considered as the proof that even the dead sometimes look more attractive than the living.



I messed up with the laws of composition.



Oh this last image is of Sudipto. Who else could be so crazy to walk more than 3 kilometers on a summer afternoon with drinking water in the bottles almost boiling. Well, he did not decide it, I did. He just agreed to my proposal. We had to wrap up our faces to prevent the heat waves. Believe me or not, the night was cold enough to make me have tea a dozen times.

7 comments:

  1. Asadharon Photograph Nabhonil, bisesh koray oi shukhno gachher.Sotti ki se pranheen na abar jokhon somoy hobey tokhon se abar hese uthey Nachbey.
    Sudipto ke Mao er moto lagchhey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. even I like the lifeless tree standing amidst life...symbolic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captions enliven the photos.. some of us may have taken similar snaps sometime during various trips, but it is the photographer's eye for the perfect frame and Nabhonil's mind to provide the perfect caption to top it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody, for encouraging me. @Anupama Di...I am really sorry that I still put my name in the photo. I think its needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. khub sundor nilda... gachtar soundorjota ebong dukhota khub valo hoyeche

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nabhonil.. of course I have noticed the signature.. but so long its in the corner, its fine. I understand copyright issues..

    ReplyDelete