Sunday, August 19, 2012

Buttery-Flying Angels

It was a misty morning of 2009 winter. I left early in the morning with my camera a Canon Powershot SX 10IS and boarded an EMU train from Sealdah. The destination was Chintamoni Kar Bird Sanctuary, popularly known as 'Kayal er Bagan' near Narendrapur. after a highly complicated journey of around 2 hours I reached the place. Well, en route to the place I came to know that there is a much easier route which would have taken me a bit more than an hour.

Kayaler Bagan is a 17 acre small forest beside a canal near Narendrapur in South 24 Parganas of West bengal in India. Although, the name suggests it is a bird sanctuary, I found lots of other things too. I spotted a couple of mongoose and a big enough monitor lizard. Actually I came face to face with the later and realised how frightened we both were. I've also heard that there are snakes too. But the most beautiful things that I saw and photographed were numerous butterflies, bees, wasps and other insects. For now, I present a few of the Buttery Flying Angels.








No comments:

Post a Comment